April 2014 Wrap Up


I'm enjoying doing these kinds of posts at the moment, so I'm super sorry if you're getting sick of them! Oh and it's meant to say "reviewed" in the picture above, but apparently I can't dot my i's very accurately. But anyway, April was a brilliant month on the whole, and I read some INCREDIBLE books. It's rare that the lowest rating I give in a whole month is a 4! I mean, I seriously got lucky with the books I read this month:

My favourite review this month – Here
My favourite post this month – Here

BOOKS READ throughout this month:
  1. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson – 4.5 stars
  2. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (re-read) – changed to 5 stars
  3. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (re-read) – 4.5 stars
  4. Half Bad by Sally Green – 4 stars
  5. The Moon is Down by John Steinbeck – 4 stars
  6. A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin – 4.5 stars
  7. The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson – 5 stars
  8. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor – 5 stars
NON-REVIEW POSTS published throughout this month:
  1. I'm Unproductive
  2. My Top Ten Unique Books
  3. How I Blog
  4. Feed Me Books Now Survey
  5. My Two Obsessions | Haul
SOME POSTS FROM OTHER BLOGS I've enjoyed this month:
  1. Gift Ideas For Book Lovers from Books, Biscuits and Tea
  2. Doorstep Delights #9 from It Was Lovely Reading You
  3. Zuzanna – Alter Ego from It Was Lovely Reading You 
  4. Two Years of Queen of Contemporary from Queen of Contemporary
  5. We Were Liars Review from Pretty Books
  6. The Assassin's Blade Review from A Day Dreamer's World
  7. New Books #46 from The Bibliomaniac
  8. Fairytale News 35: Spoilers from The Daily Prophecy 
  9. Top Ten Unique Books from The Book Nook
  10. Lucy Recommends – Funny Books from Queen of Contemporary
OBSESSING OVER these characters this month:
I've never seen the TV show of Game of Thrones, but after having finished A Clash of Kings and starting A Storm of Swords earlier on this month, I've been obsessed with Arya Stark and Daenerys. They're INCREDIBLE. I love them both SO much. I even ended up spending an entire evening drawing a portrait of Arya…

OBSESSING OVER the survey results this month:
I've enjoyed reading through ALL the answers on my survey (you can still answer it HERE!) and seeing what you lot think of my blog. I especially loved the one word summaries of the blog (Unique, Awesome, Spontaneous…) and there were some comments that made me smile an awful lot (e.g. "I kind of feel weirdly at home on your blog"). Thank you SO much for all the answers and I'll be putting them into use soon!

OBSESSING OVER yet another thing this month:
The letter Hawwa (who blogs over at It Was Lovely Reading You) sent me. She has the kind of handwriting to die for and is incredible at doodling – her letter was so much fun to read and beautiful to look at! I also sent a reply back, but I don't have photos of either of them as I – as lazy and awful as it sounds – simply haven't had time.

NOTES ABOUT next month:
  • I've tried my absolute hardest to schedule posts for May, but – in case I haven't already mentioned this – I'm sitting a couple of my GCSEs in May. This means I'll spend a lot of time revising and will have literally no time to blog.
  • That said, I have scheduled a few posts and I will have a *tiny* bit of free time which I'll be using to Tweet links to the posts etc.
  • However, I did put a huge amount of effort into April's posts to make up for this, so if you haven't seen all my posts from this month, please check them out!

24 comments:

  1. Fun wrap up post! Hope to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOUR POSTS. also. yay i'm mentioned. you are mentioned in my first ever wrap up post by the way..ALSO. i have photos you can use if you want?;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY THANK YOU. :) And I'll check it out sooooon!

      Delete
  3. Yay, loving the handwritten infographics (do you have a name for them?)! Sounds like a wonderful reading month and your reviews have made me add a couple of books to my wishlist! Great post (you make Wrap Ups very fun to read - on other blogs they can be a bit boring!) and thanks for the mention :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't thought of a name quite yet (but hopefully will)! :) And thank you, I'm glad you enjoy these posts! :D

      Delete
  4. I love posts like this so much! :) Thank you so much for the mention and good luck with your GCSEs! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much – I think I'll need all the luck I can get! ;)

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the GCSE's! I have three starting on 13th May. Not looking forward to them at all. I'm sure you'll do well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first one is on the 13th of May too! Thank you and good luck to you too! :D

      Delete
  6. I really like this unique way of recapping! Seems like you read some awesome books this month. Thanks for linking to my spoiler discussion post ^^ I LOVE Arya and I also like how kick ass Danaerys is now. The TV show is awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to start the TV show. :)

      Delete
  7. I am really enjoying these wrap up posts! Looks like you had an amazing month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you really did have an awesome month of reading! So many good books!
    Dreams of Gods and Monsters was my favorite of the month too! Such a perfect ending for a series. I'm still super sad that it is over. I wish we would get another book, or two. A prequel would be awesome too because I loved reading about Razgut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was definitely a brilliant ending by gah I want more! There's just SO MUCH to Laini Taylor's world! :)

      Delete
  9. I like the way your blog is set up, mine is so basic looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving these new graphics you're adding to your posts - they're gorgeous! You seem to have had a great month! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankoo Rachel! I definitely did. :)

      Delete
  11. GOSH, RUBY. ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME WITH THE GORGEOUSNESS OF THIS POST?! GAH.
    Good luck with your GCSEs! I'm sure you'll do fab!
    ARYA AND DAENERYS GIFS! You win at LIFE, Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a great month, Ruby! I LOVEEEEE these kind of posts, because:
    A) You're handwriting is GORGEOUSSSS.
    B) They're really fun and cute :)
    and finally, C) SO.SO.SO.SO.SO Unique!

    I squeaked with happiness when I saw my response to your survey :) It makes me happy that you're happy! Have a great May! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm incredibly grateful for each comment received and I reply to every single one (so be sure to check back if you've asked something). NOTE: I'm having a few issues with comments at the moment so I'm sorry if your comment doesn't come through at first.

Reviews

Yay, books! Yay, opinions!

Read More

Writer's Picks

A couple of posts I love!

Read More

FAQs

Questions and stuff!

Read More