I'm enjoying doing these kinds of posts at the moment, so I'm super sorry if you're getting sick of them! Oh and it's meant to say "reviewed" in the picture above, but apparently I can't dot my i's very accurately. But anyway, April was a brilliant month on the whole, and I read some INCREDIBLE books. It's rare that the lowest rating I give in a whole month is a 4! I mean, I seriously got lucky with the books I read this month:
BOOKS READ throughout this month:
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson – 4.5 stars
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (re-read) – changed to 5 stars
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (re-read) – 4.5 stars
- Half Bad by Sally Green – 4 stars
- The Moon is Down by John Steinbeck – 4 stars
- A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin – 4.5 stars
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson – 5 stars
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor – 5 stars
- I'm Unproductive
- My Top Ten Unique Books
- How I Blog
- Feed Me Books Now Survey
- My Two Obsessions | Haul
SOME POSTS FROM OTHER BLOGS I've enjoyed this month:I've never seen the TV show of Game of Thrones, but after having finished A Clash of Kings and starting A Storm of Swords earlier on this month, I've been obsessed with Arya Stark and Daenerys. They're INCREDIBLE. I love them both SO much. I even ended up spending an entire evening drawing a portrait of Arya…
- Gift Ideas For Book Lovers from Books, Biscuits and Tea
- Doorstep Delights #9 from It Was Lovely Reading You
- Zuzanna – Alter Ego from It Was Lovely Reading You
- Two Years of Queen of Contemporary from Queen of Contemporary
- We Were Liars Review from Pretty Books
- The Assassin's Blade Review from A Day Dreamer's World
- New Books #46 from The Bibliomaniac
- Fairytale News 35: Spoilers from The Daily Prophecy
- Top Ten Unique Books from The Book Nook
- Lucy Recommends – Funny Books from Queen of Contemporary
OBSESSING OVER these characters this month:
OBSESSING OVER the survey results this month:
I've enjoyed reading through ALL the answers on my survey (you can still answer it HERE!) and seeing what you lot think of my blog. I especially loved the one word summaries of the blog (Unique, Awesome, Spontaneous…) and there were some comments that made me smile an awful lot (e.g. "I kind of feel weirdly at home on your blog"). Thank you SO much for all the answers and I'll be putting them into use soon!
OBSESSING OVER yet another thing this month:
The letter Hawwa (who blogs over at It Was Lovely Reading You) sent me. She has the kind of handwriting to die for and is incredible at doodling – her letter was so much fun to read and beautiful to look at! I also sent a reply back, but I don't have photos of either of them as I – as lazy and awful as it sounds – simply haven't had time.
- I've tried my absolute hardest to schedule posts for May, but – in case I haven't already mentioned this – I'm sitting a couple of my GCSEs in May. This means I'll spend a lot of time revising and will have literally no time to blog.
- That said, I have scheduled a few posts and I will have a *tiny* bit of free time which I'll be using to Tweet links to the posts etc.
- However, I did put a huge amount of effort into April's posts to make up for this, so if you haven't seen all my posts from this month, please check them out!